Dr. Nikolaus Uhl, LL.M.
Attorney | Partner
Specialized Lawyer for Trade and Corporate Law
T: +49 30 5093235-0
Main Focus Areas
- Advising national and international investors, start ups and mid-sized companies in the areas of venture capital, mergers & acquisitions and corporate restructuring.
- Corporate and commercial law advice
- from formation to exit
- in financing and restructuring
- in the preparation and execution of general meetings and shareholders’ meetings
- in contract and cooperation negotiations
- Advice to foundations and non-profit organizations
Education and career
2007 – 2022
Weitnauer Attorneys at Law, Berlin, Partner
2002 – 2007
Knigge & Uhl Attorneys at Law, Berlin, Partner
2000 – 2001
Coudert Schürmann, Munich, Attorney at Law
1999 – 2000
Intertainment Licensing GmbH, Munich, in-house lawyer
Second State Examination, Berlin Court of Appeals
Doctorate under Prof. Dr. Helmut Steinberger, former Justice at the Federal Constitutional Court, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
University of Administrative Sciences, Speyer
1994 – 1995
Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, USA
1990 – 1994
Studies of Law, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Germany
1989 – 1990
Studies of Business Administration, University of Passau, Germany
- “Der Unternehmenskaufvertrag: Verhandlung und Gestal-tung” in Unternehmenskauf und -Verkauf, edited by Fink/Uhl, 1st edition 2016
- “The Participation Agreement in a nutshell” in Corporate Finance for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses, edited by Fink/Uhl, 2nd edition 2016.
- The Term Sheet in: Life Sciences 2013
- The Term Sheet as a Basis for the Participation Agreement, in: Leitfaden für Business Angels, edited by Ute Günther and Roland Kirchhof, 2012.
- Right to strike only for big players? In: ArbRAktuell 2012, 310
- Advising several VC funds on financing rounds in a renewable energy company.
- Advising shareholders on a management buy-out and then on the sale of the company to a listed company in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Advising founders of a PropTech company on exit.
- Advising on the upstream merger of a German company with subsidiaries in Mauritius and Madagascar.
- Advising a German company in the energy equipment sector on the financing and subsequent takeover by a listed company.
- Advising a German investor in the issuance and conversion of convertible loans in a company in the field of medical technology.
- Advising founders in financing round with French investors.
Memberships of Supervisory and Advisory Boards
- Rolls Royce Power Solutions GmbH, Member of the Advisory Board
- Board member of several family foundations