Marc René Spitz, LL.M.
Attorney | Partner
T: +49 89 2778253-0
Main Focus Areas
- Advising national and international clients of all sizes in the areas of Venture Capital, Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions
- General corporate law advice of companies at every stage of the life cycle, from incorporation to exit
- Classic corporate law advice of young companies, small and medium sized businesses and companies listed on a stock exchange
2018 – 2022
Senior Associate and as of 2020 Partner at Weitnauer Rechtsanwälte.
2015 – 2018
Senior Associate at ljh Lindlbauer Rechtsanwälte PartmbB.
2013 – 2014
Master of Laws (LL.M.) University of Southern California, Gould School of Law.
2012 – 2015
Associate und freier Mitarbeiter bei CORPLEGAL Werner & Partner mbB.
2009 – 2011
Rechtsreferendariat (u.a. LG München I, Staatsanwaltschaft München I und Norton Rose Fulbright).
2003 – 2008
Studium der Rechtswissenschaften an den Universitäten Regensburg und München.
Publications (sample selection)
- Investment protection against lowered valuations in subsequent financing rounds through antidilution provisions („Investmentschutz vor niedrigeren Bewertungen in Folgefinanzierungsrunden durch Verwässerungsschutzregelungen“), GWR 2020 issue, pages 316 et seq.
- The Second Closing – a guideline for VC practices (“Das Second Closing – Ein Leitfaden für die VCPraxis“), GWR, 2019 issue, pages 21 et seq.
- Data protection in the M&A process (“Datenschutz im M&A Prozess”), GWR 2019 issue, pages 261 et seq.
Transactions (sample selection)
- Advising a VC-fund from Spain on a Series A investment in crypto-custodian company.
- Advising a VC-fund from Switzerland on the issuance of a convertible loan for a BioTech company.
- Advising a German MedTech company regarding the structuring and the conclusion of a venture debt financing.
- Advising a German HealthTech company regarding a Series B financing round with an US investor.
- Advising a VC-fund from Spain on the restructuring of their German portfolio.
- Advising a German smart-power company with a spin-off and an according financing round.
- Bar Association Munich
- USC Alumni Association
- Export-Club Bayern e.V